Examples of what non-Muslims typically don't want
Unfortunately, there are rather a lot of cases of the sort of behaviour non-Muslims typically don't want in the UK. The main page on this topic concentrates mainly on more recent or illustrative examples. When older or somewhat repetitive examples are removed from there, they are copied to here.
Violence and attempts at it
We wish we rarely saw evidence in our media of violence in the UK committed in the name of Islam, or evidence of attempts or conspiracies to commit violence in the UK in the name of Islam.
Incitement - hatred & violence
We wish that we rarely saw evidence in our media of incitement of hatred and/or violence by Muslims (anywhere) towards UK non-Muslims.
We wish we rarely saw evidence in our media of obscene practices in the UK such as FGM (Female Genital Mutilation), Forced Marriage, and Honour Killings. (Some of these not demanded by Islam. Some are practised by other groups too).
Opposition to Human Rights
One unacceptable aspect of creeping Islamisation is the gradual erosion of Universal Human Rights, both of Muslims and non-Muslims. Islam is inherently incompatible with Universal Human Rights, and also incompatible with equality laws in the UK.
"Playing the game"
We wish we rarely saw evidence in our media of UK Muslims "playing the game" by exploiting their religious characteristics in ways that exploit the rest of us. (Often these are not even required by Islam!)
This is a problem on both sides. Typically a non-Muslim official implements a policy on the assumption that it is necessary to avoid offending Muslims, without bothering to check whether Muslims care. Often they don't, and probably resent the the fact that they have been shown in a bad light.
Islamisation occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called "religious rights", where these are incompatible with the rights of other citizens, or provide extra privileges to Muslims that can validly be considered unfair.
Denial & diversion
When trouble arises, there is too much denial, such as "that isn't the true nature of Islam". Yet typically the trouble-makers come from Muslim communities and self-identify as Muslims. Comparison with Islam as practised across the world shows that this really is the true nature of Islam.
We wish we had confidence that UK Muslims as a whole were committed to these improvements. Most of all, we wish we had confidence that the above improvements, if achieved, would continue!
- AK-47 training held at London mosque
- Girls at London Saudi school are treated 'as inferiors'
- What British Muslims Think
- Fears as young Muslims 'opt out'
- Poll reveals 40pc of Muslims want sharia law in UK
- Peer criticises Muslim 'hotheads'
- Fascism and Islamism thrive in Bradford, report claims
- Amir Khan accused of bad Muslim example
- Fears raised over fundamentalist Islamic group in Britain
- UK terror strategy to be updated
- Terrorists try to infiltrate UK's top labs
- Terrorists launder cash through online gambling
- The Britons with us in their sights
- Why Britons get caught in the Pakistan web
- Council suspends funding to schools linked to Hizb ut-Tahrir
- Where are all these militant atheists ruining Britain?
- Renouncing Islamism: To the brink and back again
- Britons are suspicious towards Muslims, study finds
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Licentiousness breeds extremism
- After Last Week's Raid, Yvonne Ridley Says Muslims 'Should Stop Helping Police'
- £90m anti-terrorism project is fanning the flames of extremism
- Speaking up: Young muslims take on the extremists
- A defiant Islam rises among young Britons
- The homegrown cleric who loathes the British
- 'Thousands' pose UK terror threat | MI5: Al-Qa'eda recruiting UK children for terror
- Muslim parents to blame for children turning to extremism
- Islamic fanatics are openly using the internet to recruit children in Britain, says Civitas
- The making of an extremist “ women are often aware of their husband's and sons activities but do nothing to stop them ”
- Undercover Mosque: The Return | Undercover Mosque: The Return | Preachers of separatism at work inside Britain's mosques
- The Great Surrender: How Britain has given in to the religious fanatics intent on destroying our way of life
- Abdulla Ahmed Ali: A terrorist in the making at the age of 14
- Britain's youngest teenage terrorist: 'a wake-up call for parents'
- Muslim gangs 'force inmates to convert'
- '30-year' fight to win over Britain's young Muslims
- Hate preacher Bakri targets young people through Web campaign
- UK UPDATE: Islamic School in UK - Teaching Hate | We do use books that call Jews 'apes' admits head of Islamic school
- Report identifies UK terrorist enclaves
- British Muslims have become a mainstay of the global 'jihad'
- MI5 chief warns of threat from global recession | MI5 chief Jonathan Evans talks to the Mirror
- Religion divides us more than race, say Britons
- Islamic fundamentalism promoted on websites at some Muslim schools in the UK, think tank finds | Some Muslim schools 'make children despise the West': Ban on cricket and Harry Potter
- How Britain's mosques foster extremism | Young Muslims at the mercy of extremists because of out-of-touch Imams
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: Why Muslims will not fight for freedom
- Muslim anti-war protesters abuse troops | Tolerance and the intolerant | Hate cleric leads jihad cash appeal
- I, a former Islamic extremist, feel we have given in to the fanatics
- Revealed: the true extent of Islamic radical influence at UCL | Why I was not surprised about the Christmas Day bomber's UK links | We must target radicals – before they target us
- Guilty? It's a badge of honour say Muslim hate mob (and because we're on benefits, the state will pay our costs)
- ‘Hizb ut-Tahrir obsessed with radicalising students’
- Film 'shows children being 'radicalised'' | Police warn of Jihad training for children
- Threat from 'Generation Jihad' could last 20 years | Terror charge pair, Ditta and Mohammed unrepentant
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: The closed minds that deny a civilisation's glories
- Growing fears over Muslim prison 'gangs' | Terror warning over radicalised prisoners | Muslim inmates 'turning to terror' as think tank says convicted terrorists are radicalising fellow inmates | Muslims 'being turned into terrorists in jail'
- Britain facing a new wave of terrorist attacks, MI5 warns | UK extremists are travelling to Somalia to train, says MI5 chief | MI5 head warns of serious risk of UK terrorist attack
- How radical Islam seduced the academics
- Islamic students at top university 'are preaching hard-line extremism,' terror experts warn | University campuses 'a hotbed of Muslim extremism', claims Parliamentary security group
- Saudi school lessons in UK concern government | Why does Britain turn a blind eye to these medieval zealots peddling lessons in hate?